A key part of the strategic planning process, as President Barry Baines explains in his article (https://www.amsat.org/amsat-strategic-planning-update/), is “member engagement.” The reason is that, in a non-profit membership organization like AMSAT, the members quite simply are the lifeblood, the key stakeholders, or what a commercial enterprise would call “customers.”
Member engagement can take many forms. In the strategic planning process, however, member engagement means helping AMSAT figure out how and where to find new and realistic opportunities to move the organization forward. To that end, AMSAT is asking for your help by “engaging” the AMSAT leadership with YOUR desires, needs and vision about the future direction of AMSAT by providing your best answers to the five questions below:
- What are 3-5 new products, services or activities that AMSAT should START offering or doing (in order of priority, 1 being highest)?
- What 3-5 current offerings or activities should AMSAT STOP offering or doing (in order of priority, 1 being highest)?
- What are the top 3 ways that you would prefer AMSAT to communicate with you as a member (in order of priority) [e.g., email, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, other), website, text, HF radio nets, etc.]?
- If you were going to recruit another amateur radio operator as an AMSAT member, what pitch do you think would be most successful in making that ham want to join?
- From your perspective, what would AMSAT ideally look like in 3 years? What would it be doing? What products and services would it offer?
We will share your answers with the AMSAT Board of Directors and members of the strategic planning team.
PLEASE EMAIL RESPONSES TO: [email protected]
SUBJECT: Reader Poll