AMSAT needs qualified volunteers for a number of positions!
If you want to be a part of the solution in making AMSAT operational and work toward designing, building and finding a launch, WE NEED YOU! No pay for 5+ hours per week, but a great deal of satisfaction in knowing you are helping make something happen. We need people with wide range of technical and non-technical skills.
Satellite Development Technical Experience
- Thermal design
- Power systems design
- RF systems design
- Internal Housekeeping Unit (IHU) systems, command, and control hardware
- IHU software design and development
- Especially SDR and DSP
- PC board layout and construction
- Systems Engineering
- Test planning and system testing
- Mechanical design and construction
- Ground station software development
If you have hardware or software technical skills, and proven experience directly applicable to satellite design, please contact the AMSAT Vice President of Engineering (N0JY). Due to the American International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be either a US Citizen or a permanent resident (ITAR Qualifications). This is not our reflection on foreign citizens, but is required by existing US law. Recent changes suggest that this restriction may soon be lifted or at least modified. If and when this happens, we will be delighted to be able to again work freely with our foreign colleagues.
AMSAT News and Communications
- Join the AMSAT News Service (ANS) team as a weekly editor on a rotating schedule reporting on amateur radio in space and related activities.
- Assistant Editor for the AMSAT Journal magazine working with authors, columnists and members developing and publishing print articles on amateur radio in space and related activities.
Communications through ANS and the AMSAT Journal are essential in keeping both with our members and the wider public informed. If your have good communications skills and are interested, please contact AMSAT Communications Volunteer Coordinator.
General AMSAT support
- Web design and maintenance
- Web site information maintenance
- Video recording, digital conversion and editing
- Write technical or instructional material
- Promoting AMSAT as an Ambassador
- Any other area you think you think you can make a difference.
AMSAT is an organization of self starters. While we sometimes have tasks which we can assign, our most important contributions come from someone who sees a need, has the skills to solve the problem, and then goes ahead and does so. So pick an area that you think needs improvement and explain what you will do to make it better.
AMSAT has developed a survey which gives us a good general idea of someone’s interests and experience. You can download it AMSAT Volunteer Survey-form-August-2013 and fill in the information on screen. Please follow the instructions, and sent it, along with any additional information you feel relevant, to [email protected]. General comments may be sent to General Volunteers Coordinator.