AMSAT provides free email-list services for the amateur satellite community. The primary discussion list is AMSAT-BB which serves as an exchange for information about amateur radio satellites, the ISS, operating techniques, and information in general.
Visit our AMSAT Mailing Lists FAQ for answers to frequently asked questions about our mailing list services.
You can subscribe to a number of mailing lists to receive information relating to the amateur space program. These lists are intended to encourage the free, open, and timely exchange of ideas and information. However, contributors are expected to be respectful toward others and their viewpoints. Please keep in mind that our public lists are read by people and organizations worldwide, and postings are often picked up and distributed by the other amateur news media.
Please read our AMSAT Acceptable Use Policy for guidelines on maintaining a civil discourse.
In addition to the mailing lists messages are archived on to the web site. If you unsubscribe from the mailing list and rely exclusively on the web pages, the system will no longer recognize you as a subscriber. That means if you post a message to the list, it will be held for manual review before it goes out.
Below are links to the current, and historical archives of AMSAT email-list content:
- Current AMSAT-BB Archive
- 2006-2020 AMSAT-BB Archive
- Pre-2009 AMSAT-BB Archive
- 2006-2015 SAREX Archive
- Pre-2009 SAREX Archive
A few other tips:
- Do not send any administrative requests to the mailing list!
- You can make changes to your subscription (for example, you can unsubscribe) by visiting the web page mentioned at the bottom of every mailing list message.
- If you need help from a human, you can email [email protected].
- Note: All administrative requests about amsat.org email aliases are handled through the Your Mail Alias page.
- For information about the way AMSAT approaches tagging spam and keeps it from flooding your email box, please visit Mailing List Spam Information
If you have questions, comments, or complaints about the mailing services, you may contact a live person by sending email to [email protected].