Construction of a satellite requires a wide range of skills and knowledge. We need volunteers with expertise in these and other related fields:
- Thermal design
- Power systems design
- RF systems design
- Internal Housekeeping Unit (IHU) systems, command, and control hardware
- IHU software design and development
- SDR and DSP
- PC board layout and construction
- Systems Engineering
- Test planning and system testing
- Mechanical design and construction
- Ground station software development
Due to the American International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations you must be either a US Citizen or a permanent resident. This is not our reflection on foreign citizens, but is required by existing US law. Recent changes have helped but it is still a practical obstruction to working with our AMSAT friends elsewhere in the world. When things get easier, we will be delighted to be able to again work freely with our foreign colleagues.
To become familiar with the regulations in order to facilitate your participation in the projects, please refer to these links.
- Candidates must have a strong commitment to deliver on schedule
- Teamwork requires depending on everyone to do their part
- Projects often require long term participation, typically 1-4 years
- Minimum participation typically 4-5 hours per week
Join the team and then enjoy the fun and satisfaction of working a bird you helped build!
If you are interested and qualified, please contact the AMSAT-NA VP for Engineering at: Fox Engineering