AMSAT announces that the 2018 36th Annual AMSAT Space Symposium and General Meeting will be held on Friday through Sunday, Nov. 2, 3, & 4, 2018 in Huntsville, Alabama. Location will be at the US Space and Rocket Center, One Tranquility Base, Huntsville, Alabama (https://www.rocketcenter.com/). Hotel accommodations will be next door at the Marriott at the Space & Rocket Center, 5 Tranquility Base, Huntsville, Alabama USA.
The 2018 AMSAT Space Symposium and Annual Meeting features:
- Space Symposium with Amateur Satellite Presentations
- Operating Techniques, News, & Plans from the Amateur Satellite World
- Board of Directors Meeting open to AMSAT members. The AMSAT BOD will meet at the Marriott at the US Space and Rocket Center.
- Opportunities to Meet Board Members and Officers
- AMSAT Annual General Membership Meeting
- Auction, Annual Banquet, Keynote Speaker and Door Prizes !!
Our Keynote Speaker this year will be announced at a later date.
- Multiple alternate activities and attractions are in the Huntsville area.
- Huntsville Botanical Garden -Monte Sano State Park
- U.S. Veterans Memorial Museum -Von Braun Center
- We are working on tours of Redstone Arsenal and Marshall Spaceflight Center.
The Marriott at the US Space and Rocket Center is located at 5 Tranquility Base, Huntsville, AL, 35805.
Some of the perks include
* Free parking for attendees. * Complimentary WiFi. * Adjacent to the US Space and Rocket Center
Hotel Reservations for the Symposium may be made by individual attendees directly with Marriott reservations at 1-(800) 228-9290 or (256) 830-2222, please mention the Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation (AMSAT), Reference Number M-BIHHXTA.
Attendees may also make their reservations online at the following link: Book your group rate for AMSAT