UKube-1 was successfully launched on 7/8/2014 at 1558 UTC aboard a Soyuz 2-1b / Fregat-M rocket from Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan Pad 31/6.
This is a 3U satellite measures 10 cm x 10 cm x 30 cm and is the first mission commissioned by the UK Space agency. This satellite also holds the distinction of being the first satellite designed and manufactured in Scotland.
UKube-1 contains three scientific and research payloads as well as FUNcube-2. FUNcube-2 is essentially the same amateur radio payload as FUNcube-1.
NORAD catalog number: 40074
Satellite is in commissioning, and not all downlinks are active. Frequencies are as follows:
- 145.840 MHz Primary telemetry downlink CW or 1k2-9k6 BPSK
- 145.915 MHz FUNcube-2 telemetry 1k2 BPSK
- 145.930-145.950 MHz FUNcube-2 transponder downlink, 435.080-435.060 MHz uplink
- 2401.0 MHz S-band downlink (QPSK-OQPSK)
- 437.425-437.525 MHz myPocketQub spread spectrum