ZACube-1 is a student lead endeavor of the Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Cape Town, South Africa. The satellite was launched on 21 November, 2013 at 0710 UTC aboard a Dnepr launch vehicle from the Dombarovsky Cosmodrome, Russia.
This 1U cube carries an HF beacon as well as a V/U mode transceiver for telemetry and command of the satellite. There is also an experimental imaging camera on board.
Images, data, and further information can be obtained at the project web site below.
NORAD catalog number: 39417
Frequencies as follows:
• Uplink 145.860 1k2 AFSK, 9k6 GMSK
• Downlink 437.345 1k2 AFSK, 9k6 GMSK
• Beacon 14.099 CW (when activated)
• S Band data transmitter 2.4-2.45 GHZ
• Experimental L Band to S Band data transponder
Further information at: CPUT Blog