PolyITAN-1 is the first satellite launched by the Ukraine. This is a 1U cubesat, and was launched via a Dnepr launch vehicle on 19 June 2014 at 19:11 UTC, from Yasny, Russia.
PolyITAN-1 was developed by the National University of the Ukraine and the Ukrainian amateur radio community.
Stated mission objectives are:
- Develop, build, test, launch and operate a Ukrainian small satellite platform based on Cubesat standard. Conduct mission experiments with following payloads: o Sun sensor o Attitude position and orientation system including system software
- Test on-board GLONASS/GPS navigation subsystem
- Build ground segment infrastructure for satellite communication
- Develop and test onboard and ground telecommunication software, implement telecommunication protocols
- Establish cooperation between educational institute, space agency(s) and various government authorities, HAM radio community
Call sign: EM0UKPI
NORAD catalog number: 40042
Frequencies are as follows:
– 437.675 (1k2 AFSK/CW)
Note: This frequency is changed from the originally published frequency
Visit the website at: PolyITAN-1