1. The AMSAT Rover award is granted to stations who achieve a combined 25 points using any combination of the following achievements:
- 1 base point for each grid square activated outside your home grid square using a single-channel FM satellite transponder.
- 2 base points for each grid square activated outside your home grid square using a linear (SSB/CW) satellite transponder.
- 3 base points for each grid square activated outside your home grid square using a digital mode satellite transponder. This includes those carrying digital voice such as LO-90. Other examples: ISS packet, NO-84 PSK31
- 1 additional point added to each grid square score for activating a state, province, or DX entity outside your home entities. Example: Activating 1 grid square on SSB outside your home DX entity = 2 + 1 = 3 points awarded.
- 5 additional points for advertising your grid operation using an open and public social media account, tagging @amsat or #amsat at least 24 hours in advance of the activation. These additional points are not multiplied for grid boundary operations. If you operate a two or four-way boundary, only 5 additional points are awarded. Advertisement via the AMSAT-BB email listserv or AMSAT News Service (ANS) will count for this bonus.
- 5 additional points for photographing your grid operation and posting them afterwards using an open and public social media account, tagging @amsat or #amsat. These additional points are not multiplied for grid boundary operations. If you operate a two or four-way boundary, only 5 additional points are awarded.
- 10 points for activating a grid square while operating Maritime Mobile (/MM.) This will also result in a /MM endorsement on the award. This supersedes any base point calculation based on mode.
- 15 points for documenting your grid activation in an article published in the AMSAT Journal. The article must document the planning of your activation, equipment used, and general comments on the lessons learned from the operation.
2. For this award, your home grid is defined by the record of your licensing authority.
3. Two and four-way grid boundaries will count as a multiplier to the qualified points based on mode (FM, SSB/CW, or Digital.) Examples: Two-way grid boundary operated on SSB = 2 x 2 = 4 points awarded. Four-way grid boundary operated on FM = 4 x 1 = 4 points awarded.
4. Eligibility for this award is based on portable satellite operating on or after January 1, 2018.
5. To claim an activation of a grid square, you must complete at least one confirmed two-way QSO from that grid square. You may earn points for activating a grid square on each mode defined above, but must complete at least one confirmed two-way QSO on each mode claimed. Once you have claimed an activation of a grid square on each mode, you may not earn any more base points or bonus points for an activation of that grid (unless you activate another state, province, or DXCC entity from the same grid). Either LoTW QSO detail screenshots or scanned QSL cards may be used as confirmation of an activation. The LoTW screenshot or scanned QSL card must indicate your grid square and satellite used (and complete station location information if you wish to claim extra points for activating a grid square outside your home state, province, or DXCC). Screenshots or URLs of appropriate social media postings for bonus points must indicate grid squares and/or entities activated.
Note: For the purposes of this award, state means any U. S. state plus the District of Columbia. Province means any Canadian province or territory. DXCC entities are as defined on the ARRL DXCC list.
To apply for this award, email your score calculation, details, and required evidence to email@example.com. A scoresheet is in development, but is not required to apply for this award.
Rover Call Date Issued ===== ============ =========== 001 AC0RA 02 Jan 2018 002 WD9EWK 05 Jan 2018 003 NJ4Y 08 Jan 2018 004 M0IDA 09 Jan 2018 005 KG5GJT 12 Jan 2018 006 EB1AO 18 Jan 2018 007 N7AGF 22 Jan 2018 008 N4YHC 29 Jan 2018 009 W0S 07 Feb 2018 010 KE0PBR 08 Feb 2018 011 K5IX 18 Feb 2018 012 AK4WQ 23 Feb 2018 013 WI7P 25 Feb 2018 014 K5ND 09 Mar 2018 015 N6UA 12 Mar 2018 016 N9IP 16 Mar 2018 017 N4UFO 04 Apr 2018 018 K7TAB 27 Apr 2018 019 K8BL 10 May 2018 020 AD0DX 16 May 2018 021 HB9WDF 28 May 2018 022 KE4AL 28 May 2018 023 KE9AJ 30 May 2018 024 AA8CH 27 Jun 2018 025 WY7AA 29 Jun 2018 026 KE8FZT 17 Jul 2018 027 KX9X 21 Jul 2018 028 K4FTP 30 Jul 2018 029 KB2YSI 15 Aug 2018 030 N3CRT 17 Aug 2018 031 N2WLS 19 Aug 2018 032 K2MTS 22 Aug 2018 033 AI6DO 23 Aug 2018 034 KD8RTT 18 Aug 2018 035 AD7DB 26 Sep 2018 036 AB5SS 24 Nov 2018 037 W9TWJ 26 Nov 2018 038 WN9Q 07 Dec 2018 039 KM6NJL 12 Dec 2018 040 KM4LAO 18 Dec 2018 041 KI7UNJ 12 Feb 2019 042 CJ7EWK/3 06 Jun 2019 043 N7EGY 01 Jul 2019 044 CU2ZG 28 Jul 2019