[amsat-bb] Is anyone using a phased array antenna to receive low earth orbit satellites?
dquagliana at aol.com
Thu Jun 16 03:42:04 UTC 2016
Is anyone using a phased array of antennas to receive low earth orbit
satellites (for example, the LA2QAA 435-jpole phased array that appeared
in the AMSAT Journal a few years ago).
In particular I would like to know
- what antenna elements you used for the array (j-pole, vertical, or something else)
- the number of antenna elements in your phased array
- what coax relays/coax switches you used for phasing (brand/model/signal losses?)
- details of the computer controlled steering (or did you manually steer)?
- what band(s) (2m, 70cm, other)?
- which satellite(s) you were trying to receive
-your overall experience with how well the phased array worked (or didn't work)
for receiving low earth orbit satellites.
If there is enough interest and/or enough replies then I'll write it up for an
AMSAT Journal article.
More information about the AMSAT-BB