[amsat-bb] FW: So50
crgagner at charter.net
Sun Sep 1 17:33:00 PDT 2013
I have to agree with Wyatt, SO-50 is getting beat up due to the fact it’s the only FM bird left right now. Follow Wyatt's recommendations and it will be much more enjoyable, especially for the had held folks. I did that for a long time standing in all kinds of weather and conditions, so give them a break when you hear them.
Also is it really necessary to make a contact with the same operator on every pass every day.
Wyatt, Great chatting with you today on 29, will have to do it again soon !
From: amsat-bb-bounces at amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces at amsat.org] On Behalf Of wyattdirks
Sent: Sunday, September 1, 2013 7:09 PM
To: amsat-bb at amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] So50
Today and quite a bit lately it seems So50 is becoming out of control. A few thing to consider when working So50 and the other birds.
1. Don't transmit if can't hear. Really so50 should sound like your local repeater its its not then you need a better rx antenna or maybe a preamp.
2. If you hear someone talking let them finish the qso before you call someone. Also if someone calls somebody don't call the same person before they even have the chance to answer the first guy.
3. Don't call people blindly if your interupting a qso. And don't continue to call the same person over and over if they aren't responding. Let people that are actually hearing the satellite make contacts.
4. Do work full duplex. If you can't hear when your transmitting you're likely cuasing interference.
5. Do enjoy so50 as it is the only fm satellite right now.
Sent via AMSAT-BB at amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the author.
Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
Subscription settings: http://amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
More information about the AMSAT-BB