Upcoming ARISS contact with Ritsumeikan Moriyama JuniorHigh School, Moriyama, Japan

An International Space Station school contact has been planned with participants at Ritsumeikan Moriyama Junior High School, Moriyama, Japan, on 29 Dec. The event is scheduled to begin at approximately 09:30 UTC. The duration of the contact is approximately 9 minutes and 30 seconds. The contact will be direct between NA1SS and 8N3RM. The contact should be audible over Japan and adjacent areas. Interested parties are invited to listen in on the 145.80 MHz downlink. The contact is expected to be conducted in Japanese.

The 21st century requires us to have an international awareness of scientific, technological and social interaction in this turbulent age. Taking full advantage of a continuous education system as an affiliated school of Ritsumeikan University and Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, we develop students' motivation and spirit of inquiry. Students enjoy the surrounding beautiful nature and great Lake Biwa, and the wonderful school life on a brand new campus. They also have opportunities to encounter various people; both local and from all over the world. We provide integrated programs of science and humanities, and advanced placement programs closely cooperating with the colleges of Ritsumeikan University, as well as a wide variety of field research and active learning. I believe our students' training, inspiration and talents will contribute to the world. The world is our stage: We will create it.

1.  宇宙に来て一番感動したことは何ですか

2. 宇宙人と交信するミッションをする時にどうするのですか

3.  宇宙飛行士の魅力は何ですか

4.スペースシャトルではコマがよくこまが回りますが、宇宙では、空気抵抗がないから  半永久的に回るのですか

12. ISSでは洗濯をしますか

17. ISSでの生活で困ることは何ですか

23. 今まで宇宙で見た一番きれいな光景は何ですか

Participants will ask as many of the following questions as time allows:

1.  When were you impressed most in space?

2.  What will you do if you have a mission to contact an alien?

3.  What are the attractive points of being an astronaut?

4.  In the space shuttle, a top spins very well. There is no air resistance

    in space. So is it

    possible to spin semi permanently?

5.  What kind of measures do you take for an emergency at the International

    Space Station?

6.  Have you ever seen a UFO in the space?

7.  I heard that astronauts can’t walk easily when they come back to earth.

    Is it true?

8.  What are the most convenient things to have in the International Space

9.  How much water do you bring to the International Space Station?

10. Do you miss your home food?

11. What was the hardest thing to become an astronaut?

12. Do you wash clothes in the International Space Station?

13. Which is more delicious, when you eat space food in space or on the

14. Which standard Earth time do you use in space?

15. How does your body feel when you leave the Earth’s atmosphere?

16. What accidents happen with water in the space?

17. What trouble in your life do you have at the International Space

18. What did you worry about when you departed for space?

19. Why did you become an astronaut?

20. What space food do you like?

21. Have you ever had a dangerous experience in space?

22. What is the temperature in space with a space suit? Is it cold or hot?

23. What is the most beautiful scene that you have ever seen in space?

      Sign up for the SAREX maillist at

      Visit ARISS on Facebook. We can be found at Amateur Radio on the

              International Space Station (ARISS).

      To receive our Twitter updates, follow @ARISS_status

Next planned event(s):

ARISS is an international educational outreach program partnering the participating space agencies, NASA, Russian Space Agency, ESA, CNES, JAXA, and CSA, with the AMSAT and IARU organizations from participating countries.

ARISS offers an opportunity for students to experience the excitement of Amateur Radio by talking directly with crewmembers on-board the International Space Station. Teachers, parents and communities see, first hand, how Amateur Radio and crewmembers on ISS can energize youngsters' interest in science, technology, and learning. Further information on the ARISS program is available on the website http://www.ariss.org/ (graciously hosted by the Radio Amateurs of Canada).

Thank you & 73,

David – AA4KN