ARISS Contact Wednesday - May 2

Please join us in listening to an International Space Station school
contact  with participants at The Mariners Museum, Newport News,
Virginia, USA on 2 May. The event is scheduled to begin at
approximately 16:14 UTC.
The duration of the contact is approximately 9 minutes and 30 seconds.
The contact will be a telebridge between OR4ISS and IK4SLD. The
contact should be audible over Europe and adjacent areas. Interested
parties are invited to listen in on the 145.80 MHz downlink. The
contact is expected to be conducted in English.

The Mariners’ Museum is a non-profit museum with a mission to “educate,
engage, and inspire people around the globe to embrace the rich and diverse
maritime world.”  We do this through exhibitions and programming including
lectures, in-house and outreach school classes, and educational programs
presented via Interactive videoconferencing.  We are thrilled to connect
with the International Space Station as this connection continues the story
of exploration, carrying it from the sea to the stars.  Our goal is for
students across the country to see that the exploration of mankind is
ongoing, and can be part of their story as well.

Audio from this contact will be available on the:

EchoLink *AMSAT* (101377) and *JK1ZRW* (277208) servers

IRLP Node 9010 Discovery Reflector

On the web at: https://sites.google.com/site/arissaudio/

Audio on Echolink & Web Stream is generally transmitted around 20 minutes
prior to the contact taking place so that you can hear some of the
preparation that occurs. IRLP will begin just prior to the ground station
call to the ISS.

Please note that on Echolink there are automatic breaks of 1.5 seconds in
the audio transmission. These occur every 2.5 minutes during the event.
Breaks on IRLP are manual and occur approximately after every third
question.

** Contact times are approximate. If the ISS executes a reboost or other
maneuver, the AOS (Acquisition Of Signal) time may alter by a few minutes
**

73, John - AG9D

ARISS Audio Distribution