RK3KKPK?

> This morning, while getting ready for Saturday's hamfest, I saw this:

>10:05:32R INDIO>RK3KPK Port=1 <UA R F>

> This call is from near Moscow.
> INDIO is one of our digis.

Yes, INDIO is a digi in INDIO, Claifornia.  It appears to be a KPC3 version
9 using the TOCALL of APN390.

The TOCALL of RK3KPK could also be a Mic-E formatted packet at a Latitude of
3K 3K.0K in the format DD MM.mmN where message bits determine if the digit
is a digit in the call or a letter.  But in my quick look, I don't see any
way that a "K" can appear.  The letters P though Y can appear if the message
bits are set.  And the letters A through J can appear if a CUSTOM message is
set.  But I don't see a way for K to be set.

Though someone may have a glitch in their Mic-E encoding algorithm.  But
then since this is a Kantronics, it would not be generating a Mic-E packet
anyway...

So, close but no-cigar...  Maybe Lynn who has coded Mic-E more recently than
I can see it...

Bob, Wb4APR