UARS is gone,but you can still enter the ARISSat-1 Chicken Little Contest!

All,

Now that everybody has climbed out from under their beds, it might be a good
time to think about entering the ARISSat-1 Chicken Little Contest.  We are
still looking for calculations/guesses/darts-in-the-calendar submissions for
when ARRISSat-1 makes its final orbit.  We have a fair number of submissions
from all over the world from adults, but very few from students.  If you
know of one who might be interested, encourage them to enter.  The details
are here:

http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/ARISSat/ARISSatContest

While it is not going to receive the coverage of UARS, the closest
submissions in each category will be recognized.  Right now, the deadline is
the 15th of October, though since ARISSat-1 is "floating like a butterfly"
that MIGHT get extended.  TBD.  We want to give people enough time to enter.
However, if we wait too long, the window narrows significantly, putting
those who submitted early at a disadvantage.

Alan
WA4SCA