ARISSat-1 Chicken Little Contest Announced!

All,

By popular demand we are going to be running a Chicken Little Contest for
ARISSat-1.  Using the method of your choice, give us your best guesstimate
of when it will finally reenter.  One submission per person, class, or club,
please.

Alan
WA4SCA

====================

AMSAT is happy to announce the ARISSat-1 Chicken Little Contest.
This is your opportunity to calculate, or guess, when ARISSat-1
falls out of orbit. This is defined as the time it crosses an
altitude of 78 kilometers, which is considered to be the point of
no return. While not part of the contest, the actual reentry may
be visible depending on location. Reports are encouraged.

As in the past, we will have three divisions:

+ Student category for Kindergarten through grade 8
+ Student category for High School, grades 9 through 12
+ All others will be in the adult category.

In addition to individual students, we encourage classes or organ-
izations such as science clubs to make group submissions. Submissions
are limited to one per person or group. Members of a group making a
submission may not submit a second, individual entry.

+ Adults and individual students should include their name and amateur
  callsign if they have one.

+ Individual students should also give their grade in school.

+ Student groups should include the name of their group or class,
  school, and which category they represent.

+ Please give the UTC date in the format of day, month, year, hours,
  minutes, and seconds.

+ Finally, we would like to know your city, state, province or
  region, and your country.

+ Submissions will close on 15 September 2011 at 23:59:00 UTC.

The closest predictions in each category will be recognized for their
achievement. Send your submissions to CHICKENLITTLE@ARISSAT1.ORG.
Good luck!

[ANS thanks ARISSat-1/KEDR team for the above information]