Upcoming ARISS contact with Tsutsujigaoka Minami ElementarySchool in Akishima City (Tokyo), Japan

An International Space Station school contact has been planned with participants at Tsutsujigaoka Minami Elementary School in Akishima City (Tokyo), Japan on 12 Jan. The event is scheduled to begin at approximately 08:08 UTC.The duration of the contact is approximately 9 minutes and 30 seconds.The contact will be direct between NA1SS and 8J1TME. The contact should be audible over Japan. Interested parties are invited to listen in on the 145.80 MHz downlink. The contact is expected to be conducted in English.

Our school was established at April 1981. We have 10 classes and 210 students.

The location of our school is near the Yokota Air Force Base.

Therefore we are studying the international understanding education and foreign language activity.

Participants will ask as many of the following questions as time allows:

1.  What is your favorite pastime when you are free?

2.  Can you wash your clothes there? Or do you need many changes of clothes?

3.  What do the sun and the moon look like from the spaceship?

4.  How do you care for the crew who get sick?

5.  Do you want to go further from the earth?

6.  Can you find out when natural disasters happen on the earth?

7.  What does the earth look like from the spaceship?

8.  What is the most impressive thing while you stay there?

9.  What is your favorite space food?

10. Why did you want to be an astronaut?

11. Can you hear any sound in the outer space?

12. I think it's very dark in the outer space. How do you know the course you

    go?

13. What kind of research are you doing there?

14. Have you ever seen aliens?

Information about the upcoming ARISS contacts can be found at http://www.ariss.org/upcoming.htm#NextContact.

Next planned event(s):

  1.. Istituto  Comprensivo Marco Polo-Viani Scuola Secondaria 1° Grado,
  Viareggio, Lucca, Italy, and Istituto Suore Mantellate, Viareggio, Lucca, Italy direct via  IZ5PVC Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:54 UTC
   Should be  simulcast on
   http://www.versiliawebtv.it/streaming/reteversilia.html

2. Istituto  Comprensivo Via Toscana 2 Civitavecchia, Roma, Italy, direct

   via IKØWGF Sat, 15 Jan 2011 09:02 UTC
   Should be  simulcast on http://www.livestream.com/AMSAT_Italia

ARISS is an international educational outreach program partnering the participating space agencies, NASA, Russian Space Agency, ESA, CNES, JAXA, and CSA, with the AMSAT and IARU organizations from participating countries.

ARISS offers an opportunity for students to experience the excitement of Amateur Radio by talking directly with crewmembers on-board the International Space Station. Teachers, parents and communities see, first hand, how Amateur Radio and crewmembers on ISS can energize youngsters' interest in science, technology, and learning. Further information on the ARISS program is available on the website http://www.ariss.org/ (graciously hosted by the Radio Amateurs of Canada).

Thank you & 73,

David - AA4KN