Re: [amsat-bb] Re: ARISSat-1 and FOX socialmedia fundraising

On 11/18/2010 12:07 PM, Thomas Frey wrote:
>    I fully agree with Domenico. BTW there is no website or a video
> presentation
> known about the project FOX. Is this a "paper tiger" ?

http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/images/fck_images/2010_President_Annual_Report%281%29.pdf
Slides 14 through 17

There were multiple presentations regarding FOX at the recent Symposium.
Feel free to pick up a copy of the proceedings until they get posted on
the website.

> This are projects from HAMs for HAMs with Linear Transponders.

So is ARISSat-1, along with a new robust telemetry system, and several
SSTV cameras.

> Sorry
> folks, we have fairly enough FM repeaters in the orbit.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that soliciting donations for an AMSAT-NA
project on an AMSAT-NA list required your approval. You are free to
support whatever project you like, but you are IMO crossing the line of
good taste and manners attacking our project on our own email list. If I
were an AMSAT-DL or -ZL officer, I'd be embarrassed to have you
harassing an AMSAT-NA on their behalf. Personally I have donated to all
of the above mentioned projects. I also voted as a Director of AMSAT to
spend a large amount of money, a substantial percentage of what the FOX
launch will cost, to keep AMSAT-DL's lab open to continue work on P3E. I
also voted to spend an even larger amount of money on lawyers to try to
find a way to allow AMSAT-NA volunteers to work on foreign projects
without risking jail under ITAR.

73, Drew KO4MA