Ariss casual phone contacts

How about letting us know why there are no casual contacts anymore and only rehearsed and choreographed public shows.
I read many times about how busy the astronauts are but it is glaringly apparent they have no interest or are refraining from unrehearsed
contacts.
They could at least turn on the cross band repeater. The navy had enough control over the amateur radio with the packet.
Frankly, I am personally no longer interested in talking to the astronauts but the repeater was a lot of fun.
Someone please make it happen.

A mere citizen

pat