Upcoming ARISS contact with Tokaisonritsu MuramatsuElementary School, Tokai Vill., Japan

An International Space Station school contact has been planned with participants at Tokaisonritsu Muramatsu Elementary School, Tokai Vill.,  Japan on 06 Nov. The event is scheduled to begin at approximately 08:47 UTC.

The duration of the contact is approximately 9 minutes and 30 seconds. The contact will be a telebridge between NA1SS and 8J1TOK. The contact should be audible over portions of Japan. Interested parties are invited to listen in on the 145.80 MHz downlink. The contact is expected to be conducted in English.

Muramtsu elementary school was established in 1970. Our school has 256 students and 22 teachers. Our school is small. But our village has many nuclear power plants. Therefore, our students are interesting the space and the environmental destruction.

Participants will ask as many of the following questions as time allows:

1.  How does the earth look like from space?
2.  Did you meet an alien?
3.  How long is one day? Is it the same with the earth?
4.  How does the earth look from the space station?
5.  How can you eat foods in space?
6.  Can you see shooting stars?
7.  How can you eat curry in space?
8.  How heavy can we carry in space compared with on the earth?
9.  What is the temperature in space? Is it hot or cold?
10. What is the most delicious in space foods?
11. How do you cook the foods in space?
12. What do you do in space?
13. How long have you been in space?
14. Do you have day-time and night-time in the space station?
15. How many Japanese are in space now?
16. Why does time go faster in space than on the earth?

Information about the upcoming ARISS contacts can be found at http://www.ariss.org/upcoming.htm#NextContact.

Next planned event(s):

1.    Scuola Istituto Salesiano "Sacro Cuore" Vomero, Napoli, Italy

   Fri 13 Nov 09  15:55 UTC.

   2. Marie-Rivier, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

      Fri 13 Nov 09  17:29 UTC.

ARISS is an international educational outreach program partnering the participating space agencies, NASA, Russian Space Agency, ESA, CNES, JAXA, and CSA, with the AMSAT and IARU organizations from participating countries.

ARISS offers an opportunity for students to experience the excitement of Amateur Radio by talking directly with crewmembers on-board the International Space Station. Teachers, parents and communities see, first hand, how Amateur Radio and crewmembers on ISS can energize youngsters' interest in science, technology, and learning. Further information on the ARISS program is available on the website http://www.ariss.org/ (graciously hosted by the Radio Amateurs of Canada).

Thank you & 73,

David - AA4KN