Getting a contact with the ISS

For those wanting a contact with the ISS, a sure way is to  apply
through ARISS for a school contact. Why not encourage the next
generation and introduce them to ham radio through a live linkup to the
crew on the ISS.

Despite  some saying that the radio on the ISS is rarely switched on,
this is far from the truth, just look at the number of ARISS contacts
the crew has done this year. Anyone is welcome to introduce a school to
the ARISS program, why not you!

It must be remembered that the ISS was not put up there just for ham
activities, we are most fortunate that we have access to it at all. The
crew on board  do a magnificent job with the ARISS contacts that they do
by encouraging students to take an interest in science and introducing
them to our hobby at the same time

Rather than sitting around and hoping  you may hear one of the crew call
CQ, approach your local school and ask them if they would like to  apply
for and ARISS contact. Get involved yourself and explain  what ARISS and
ham radio is all about, you will find the experience most rewarding.

--
Regards Tony.  VK5ZAI

J.A.(Tony)Hutchison
P.O.Box 470 Kingston SE