Lets go back to simplex voice

Greetings from pat n2oeq, long island new york

I never agreed with the use of different uplink frequencies for ISS
phone operation. It only led to a lack of activity and simple
regimented school contacts.

I just tried calling the space station on two meters hoping they were
listening but, as usual, no answer.

We need a simple simplex frequency like years ago when the crew of the
MIR or the ISS could just leave the radio on and answer as they pleased.
Many times in the past, I called according to the tracking program and
received responses.

The old argument was that they wanted to operate split to avoid the
confusion of a pileup. Well, I guess it worked because nobody talks any
more!

Please return to a simplex frequency so we can enjoy working the
astronauts and cosmonauts again.

People shouldnt avoid chaos, they should adapt and embrace it and learn
to operate. Out of chaos comes order.

I am extremely disappointed that the military has more say over these
activities than the citizens who support both.

Time to change please.

War is easy and stupid, making peace is hard and productive.

Thank you, pat.