From: Tom McKeever <w4nov.com@gmail.com>

To: santanaamt@aol.com; sarex@AMSAT.Org

Sent: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 9:58 pm

Subject: [sarex] Re: ISS contact in Puerto Rico

THAT'S GREAT - Heard that he was looking for a KP4 a few days ago..    And I've been trying for a year :-( - And I helped design the Comm and   GNC/CMG Systems + worked with the first 2M antenna setup with W5LFL back   in 80's - My only wish (at my age) is to make one voice QSO with the   station (not through - done that! :-) )    The only time I ever heard them doing ISS to Ground QSO's was when I was   sitting in a Walmart Parking lot last year and couldn't configure the   TMG-707 fast enough! :-(    Tom, W4nov  w4nov.com    santanaamt@aol.com wrote:  > Hi all:  >   > My friend Tony Santiago - KP4IA, had a contact with the ISS today which   > made it on a local TV news channel:  >   > http://www.wapa.tv/noticias/locales/obama_elogia_a_los_astronautas/20090324173047     >   >   > It is in spanish, but I since the first Puero Rican astronaut is up,   > there is a media buzz these days.  >   > Angel Santana - WP3GW  >   >   > ----