Re: Computer control of ICOM 1271A?

Ah....The UX-14 is(was) an internal CI-IV to CI-V converter board.

See http://www.icom.co.jp/manual/external/transceivers/UX-14.pdf

Lord only knows if either of the two connectors have a true
parallel interface onboard...

...And the chances of finding a UX-14 these days...Although it
does seem there are a couple of projects out there to create
clones of the UX-14. Google would be your friend.

Iain