Re: SSTV

Yes, there are some hardware issues. The SpaceCam hardware seems to hang and keep the radio unecessarily keyed for extended periods or just keys the radio without sending and blocks the crew from using the radio mic while plugged in to the front of the radio. The VC-H1 needs a power converter so that it no longer would be required to run off batteries.

Kenneth - N5VHO

________________________________

From: sarex-bounces@AMSAT.Org on behalf of Norm VK3XCI
Sent: Fri 10/17/2008 5:47 PM
To: sarex
Subject: [sarex] SSTV

Hi all,

OK, I got something in unattended mode. looks like a blured picture of
two bright lights! Only got half it so I don't know if it's the first or
last half... last I think.

Using qsstv and still having trouble with the software... went to save
it and lost it!!!! Bugger :(

Reading some other posts it looks like they have a hardware problem up
there, running through batteries etc.

Oh for the simple (and reliable) days of MIR

--
Regards de Norm, VK3XCI
Mildura on the Murray