From: "Ransom, Kenneth G. (JSC-OC)[BAR]" <kenneth.g.ransom@nasa.gov>
To: <n2oeq@aceweb.com>; <sarex@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 7:04 PM
Subject: [sarex] Re: ISS Repeater sensitivity

> Some of the discussion on the AMSAT-BB is reviewing this. Bob's response
seems most applicable to your comment.
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/archive/amsat-bb/48hour/msg61482.html

> I have had good results using 5 watts into a ANLI telescoping vertical or
an Arrow antenna.

> Kenneth - N5VHO

squelch is turned up all the way when configured for crossband repeat. I
tried a vertical and 30 watts up with little success. Now I am using about
25 watts into a homebrew 7 element UHF beam fro the uplink with intermittent
success. It might only be my rig but I noticed the iss recieves a little low
( considering doppler compensation too)