Re: Packet and Crossband repeater

Especially if said firewall is a NAT router.  :)  One IP, many many
machines.  (Usually there'll be something in the log indicating what
IP address the machine itself had when it hit the server, and if that
begins with 10., 172., or 192., it's behind a NAT router.  You'll see
a lot of addresses looking like 192.168.1.2 or 192.168.100.2 in such
a situation.  NAT usually behaves like a firewall just as an artifact
of how it works, unless the admin has set up some kind of DMZ or port
mapping to direct incoming traffic to a specific machine, incoming
connectino attempts will just drop in the bit bucket.

(Sometimes it's really amazing what you can figure out just by
looking at a given machine's IP config, if you know what to look for ..)