From: Gregg Wonderly <w5ggw@cox.net>
To: "Ransom, Kenneth G. (JSC-OC)[BAR]" <kenneth.g.ransom@nasa.gov>
CC: sarex@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [sarex] Re: Packet and Crossband repeater
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 11:56:25 -0500

Ransom, Kenneth G. (JSC-OC)[BAR] wrote:
 > I tested the system to verify the validity of the poll and voted a few
 > dozen times during my check. It is not the honest hams that concern me.
 > It is the one person that voted 700 times trying to sway opinion.

So the from IP address is recorded as part of the HTTP transaction for each
form
   submission.  Thus, the results reporting could, in fact just take the
last
vote for each IP address and report such results.  Thus, it wouldn't have to
complain about duplicates.  But, if you voted repeatedly and saw the numbers
changing per your voting attempts, then it's clearly not configured to be
smart
about taking votes only once for each IP address.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW