From: Gregg Wonderly [mailto:w5ggw@cox.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 11:56 AM
To: Ransom, Kenneth G. (JSC-OC)[BAR]
Cc: sarex@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [sarex] Re: Packet and Crossband repeater

Ransom, Kenneth G. (JSC-OC)[BAR] wrote:
> I tested the system to verify the validity of the poll and voted a few

> dozen times during my check. It is not the honest hams that concern
me.
> It is the one person that voted 700 times trying to sway opinion.

So the from IP address is recorded as part of the HTTP transaction for
each form
  submission.  Thus, the results reporting could, in fact just take the
last vote for each IP address and report such results.  Thus, it
wouldn't have to complain about duplicates.  But, if you voted
repeatedly and saw the numbers changing per your voting attempts, then
it's clearly not configured to be smart about taking votes only once for
each IP address.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW