ISS D700 condition

Greetings to the group

I have a question beyond the current state of the D700 Programming;  Can the radio be set manually to communicate beyond school contacts? In essence, can it be set to run either cross-band repeat or packet without a reprogramming with a laptop?

It doesnt make sense for the radio to be off between school contacts.

On another note, we lost wally shira this week at the age of 86 from natural causes. We should all have such a great life. Regards to nasa

Thanks for information, pat n2oeq