Williams Completes Marathon, Handover Activities Continue

SUBMITTED BY ARTHUR N1ORC - AMSAT A/C #31468

*Williams Completes Marathon, Handover Activities Continue*

Williams running the Boston Marathon Image above: Flight Engineer Suni
Williams is running the Boston Marathon on a station treadmill. Image
credit: NASA TV
TO VIEW IMAGE GO TOI:
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/main/index.html

Flight Engineer Suni Williams circled Earth at least twice, running as
fast as eight mph but flying more than five miles each second, as she
completed the Boston Marathon on a station treadmill. Her unofficial
completion time was four hours and 24 minutes as she completed the race
at 2:24 p.m. EDT.

Williams, an accomplished marathoner, hopes her unique run will serve as
an inspiration.

"I encourage kids to start making physical fitness part of their daily
lives," Williams said. "I think a big goal like a marathon will help get
this message out there."

+ Read more
<http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/expeditions/expedition14/exp14_boston_marathon.html>
+ Listen to message from Williams to marathon participants
<http://www.nasa.gov/mp3/174328main_103_Suni_Thanks_for_Running.mp3>

The Expedition 14 crew members are busy packing items in the Soyuz
capsule for their return trip home. They are also charging satellite
phone batteries and performing dedicated handover activities with the
Expedition 15 cr