NASA's Launch Blog - Mission STS-116

SUBMITTED BY ARTHUR N1ORC - AMSAT A/C #31468

LAUNCH COVERAGE
NASA's Launch Blog - Mission STS-116

TIMES ARE EASTERN STANDARD TIME
NASA's launch blog was activated on December 7, 2006 at 3:25 p.m. EST

+ View All Launch Day Videos

NOTE: Refresh/Reload your browser every few minutes to view launch
control center updates. All times are in EST unless otherwise stated.

7:30 p.m. - Shuttle Weather Officer Kathy Winters just briefed Launch
Director Mike Leinbach
<http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/about/biographies/leinbach.html> on
the weather situation. The ceiling is in the "red" for launch, but
that's the only weather violation at the moment.

*Did You Know?*
On Flight Day 12, two microsatellites will be launched from Discovery's
cargo bay. They'll measure the density and composition of the atmosphere
in low Earth orbit.

7:17 p.m. - Now that the crew is safely aboard, the Closeout Crew is
beginning cabin closeout procedures. Next, the crew module hatch will be
closed and sealed for flight.

7:05 p.m. - During its inspection earlier in the countdown, the Ice
Inspection Team found a very small piece of ice at the end of the
northern-most vent of the two vents that carry the gaseous oxygen away
from the external fuel tank's beanie cap. The vents are the two large
white pipes emanating vapors near the top of the tank. The issue is
being reviewed by mission managers and we'll let you know when we hear more.