ARISS Operations

All,

The ARISS team has been quite engaged with Pavel Vinogradov as he continues
the testing and verification of the SSTV system on ISS.  We expect this to
continue over the next few weeks.

Those active on the bands have noticed that the Kenwood radio system has
been up and down over the past week or so.  This is expected to continue as
Pavel checks out the SSTV software, configures and optimizes the radio, and
performs the integration checks necessary to make the SSTV system as
autonomous as possible.  Since this is a "spare time" activity for Pavel,
please bear with us as we go through this aspect of system setup.  It is
not possible right now for Pavel to switch between modes (e.g. voice,
packet and SSTV) on the Kenwood and continue the methodical process of
system setup and reconfiguration.

As has been the norm for school contacts (due to the current ISS vehicle
attitude), we will use the Ericsson radio in the FGB for 2 meter voice
operation when the crew desires to do voice QSOs.

We appreciate your patience in this matter as we reconfigure the Kenwood
system to support additional modes and operations.

73,  Frank H. Bauer
ARISS International Chairman
AMSAT-NA V.P. for Human Spaceflight Programs