Packrats 50-th anniversary, Frank Bauer, ARISS

Last night, with an audience that included the ARRL President, the ARRL
executive VP,  the Atlantic division director, and other ARRL
dignitaries as well as a Nobel Laureate (K1JT, VP Packrats) and your VP
Engineering (immediate past VP Packrats), the Packrats celebrated their
50-th anniversary year.  Packrats, the nickname for the Mt. Airy VHF
Society,

http://members.ij.net/packrats/

is one of the oldest amateur radio VHF societies in the world.  Several
Eagle team members are Packrats and the RF clean room facilities for
Eagle are located in a business belong to a Packrats member (well know
EME'er and VHF'er K2UYH).  It is a great privilege to associate with
such a fine amateur radio group.  There were several charter members
present and several new young members (some in high school and college)
and it was a very nice occasion to say the least.

It was especially nice to have a great dinner speaker.  Frank Bauer,
KA3HDO,  VP Manned Space for AMSAT  and ARISS leader,  gave a wonderful,
inspirational talk.  I had people coming up to me afterwards when they
could not get near Frank asking me about talking to ISS,   getting on
the satellites, and various other topics of interest to ARISS, and
AMSAT.  I wanted to extend my thanks and congratulations to Frank on
giving us such a wonderful talk.

Bob
N4HY