Re: Request for a contact with NA1SS today at 11:25 UTC New Delhi

Sandeep,

As I understand it, the Kenwood TM-D700 currently
serves all amateur radio functions on ISS.  It can only
handle one mode/set-up at a time, so if Bill is on VHF voice
then it is not in either packet or cross-band repeater mode
at the same time. He sometimes has it on packet and switches
it to voice during the pass, but it would be risky for you to try
to do both.  Being in Region 3, you should just go with voice
uplinked on 144.49 and listen on 145.80.  If you hear packet,
you can switch to your packet set-up and transmit, but it is
unlikely that the crew is monitoring the packet.  You will,
however, be heard by ground stations and gated to the
webpage if your parameters are correctly set.

The crew schedule for March 22 at the time of the pass
has the crew packing up and working on the Progress
vehicle for the return flight at the end of the month.

You can find the daily ISS crew schedules posted at:
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/timelines/index.html

It's a good idea to check them before passes, since the Bill
typically works the radio during spare/unscheduled personal time.

73,

Richard
N1ASA