Re: ISS Fan Club Site

Why am I the only one who can see the site fine? You people all better
invest some money in my ISP, they're apparently miracle workers.
(j/k, I am my own ISP <pat on back>)

Seriously though, as several others have pointed out, there are
conflicting results from the primary and secondary DNS servers for the
website. The primary server returns 65.19.178.197, which is what
www.issfanclub.com resolves to here for me too. When I go to that site,
I see traffic flowing from my machine to 65.19.178.197, and the site
comes up just fine. However, the secondary nameserver shows a CNAME
record that points to w-02.th.seeweb.it, which resolves to
217.64.195.220. This is probably the IP address that most of you are
resolving the site to.

I'm just speculating, but I think they updated the DNS record in the
primary nameserver for www.issfanclub.com from whatever it was before
(probably 217.64.195.220) to this new IP address in the process of some
sort of hosting site move or transfer. It's possible that they pulled
the site off the old IP address prematurely and that's why you all are
seeing what you are seeing.

Sometime within the next 24 hours, the secondary nameserver should
pickup the update from the primary nameserver, and the change should
propogate out to the rest of the internet as well.

If you're really interested in seeing that I'm not crazy, go find the
'hosts' file on your computer (not sure where it's at on a Windoze
machine), and temporarily add an entry like this:

65.19.178.197   www.issfanclub.com

(It's just a flat text file that can be edited with Notepad or whatever,
PS don't blame me if you screw up your computer) Then close your browser
& re-open it and you SHOULD see the regular ISS site too. Just don't
forget to take the entry back out once you're done.

DNS can play some crazy tricks sometimes. And can be as slow as molasses
when you really don't want it to be.

73
-Kevin