Re: ISS Fan Club Site

Kevin M. Harrington wrote:
> Loads up just fine here.
>
> 73
> -KB0LCR
>

> Glenn Graf wrote:
>
>> Anybody know whats going on with www.issfanclub.com? Has their domain
>> name been poached?

I see a "TopHost" hosting service branding on a spanish or related language
page.  A quick review, as shown below reveals that there is are multiple,
conflicting DNS records visible from the two DNS servers associated with the domain.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW

[gregg~]$ whois www.issfanclub.com
[Querying whois.internic.net]
[whois.internic.net]

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

No match for domain "WWW.ISSFANCLUB.COM".

 >>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 02:45:19 EST <<<

NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the
registrar's sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry is
currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the expiration
date of the domain name registrant's agreement with the sponsoring
registrar.  Users may consult the sponsoring registrar's Whois database to
view the registrar's reported date of expiration for this registration.

TERMS OF USE: You are not authorized to access or query our Whois
database through the use of electronic processes that are high-volume and
automated except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or
modify existing registrations; the Data in VeriSign Global Registry
Services' ("VeriSign") Whois database is provided by VeriSign for
information purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information
about or related to a domain name registration record. VeriSign does not
guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a Whois query, you agree to abide
by the following terms of use: You agree that you may use this Data only
for lawful purposes and that under no circumstances will you use this Data
to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail, telephone,
or facsimile; or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes
that apply to VeriSign (or its computer systems). The compilation,
repackaging, dissemination or other use of this Data is expressly
prohibited without the prior written consent of VeriSign. You agree not to
use electronic processes that are automated and high-volume to access or
query the Whois database except as reasonably necessary to register
domain names or modify existing registrations. VeriSign reserves the right
to restrict your access to the Whois database in its sole discretion to ensure
operational stability.  VeriSign may restrict or terminate your access to the
Whois database for failure to abide by these terms of use. VeriSign
reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and
Registrars.
[gregg@skymaster ~]$
[gregg@skymaster ~]$ whois issfanclub.com
[Querying whois.internic.net]
[Redirected to whois.register.it]
[Querying whois.register.it]
[whois.register.it]

Register.it Spa - Whois Server Version 1.2

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET and .ORG domains.

      Domain name: ISSFANCLUB.COM
      Created on: 2001-03-18
      Updated on: 2006-03-06
      Expires on: 2007-03-18
      Registrant Name: ALAIN DE CAROLIS
      Contact: Alain De Carolis
      Registrant Address: Via Tevere 15
      Registrant City: Martinsicuro
      Registrant Postal Code: 64014
      Registrant Country: IT
      Administrative Contact Organization: Alain De Carolis
      Administrative Contact Name: Alain De Carolis
      Administrative Contact Address: Via Tevere 15
      Administrative Contact City: Martinsicuro
      Administrative Contact Postal Code: 64014
      Administrative Contact Country: IT
      Administrative Contact Email: alain@alain.it
      Administrative Contact Tel: +39 34 73126733
      Technical Contact Organization: Technical Support
      Technical Contact Name: Technical Support
      Technical Contact Address: Via A Ponti, 6
      Technical Contact City: Bergamo
      Technical Contact Postal Code: 24126
      Technical Contact Country: IT
      Technical Contact Email: support@register.it
      Technical Contact Phone: +39 035 3230400
      Technical Contact Fax: +39 035 3230312
      Primary Name Server Hostname: NS1.TH.SEEWEB.IT
      Secondary Name Server Hostname: NS2.TH.SEEWEB.IT

 >>> Last update of whois database: Tue Mar  7 18:03:34 2006 <<<

[gregg@~]$ dig @ns1.th.seeweb.it www.issfanclub.com

; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> @ns1.th.seeweb.it www.issfanclub.com
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 2

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.issfanclub.com.            IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.issfanclub.com.     172800  IN      A       65.19.178.197

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
issfanclub.com.         172800  IN      NS      ns1.th.seeweb.it.
issfanclub.com.         172800  IN      NS      ns2.th.seeweb.it.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns1.th.seeweb.it.       172800  IN      A       217.64.201.170
ns2.th.seeweb.it.       172800  IN      A       217.64.202.202

;; Query time: 176 msec
;; SERVER: 217.64.201.170#53(ns1.th.seeweb.it)
;; WHEN: Tue Mar  7 15:45:35 2006
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 132

[gregg@~]$ dig @ns2.th.seeweb.it www.issfanclub.com

; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> @ns2.th.seeweb.it www.issfanclub.com
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.issfanclub.com.            IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.issfanclub.com.     172800  IN      CNAME   w-02.th.seeweb.it.
w-02.th.seeweb.it.      172800  IN      A       217.64.195.220

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
th.seeweb.it.           172800  IN      NS      ns1.th.seeweb.it.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns1.th.seeweb.it.       172800  IN      A       217.64.201.170

;; Query time: 180 msec
;; SERVER: 217.64.202.202#53(ns2.th.seeweb.it)
;; WHEN: Tue Mar  7 15:45:38 2006
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 117

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW