ARISS Event - Itaki, Japan, Monday (Feb 20) at 11:47 UTC

An International Space Station Expedition 12 ARISS school contact has been
planned with students at Itaki Elementary School Fathers' Club (Oyajinokai),
Higashihiroshima, Hiroshima, Japan on Monday, 20 February 2006. The event is
scheduled to begin at approximately 11:47 UTC.

The contact will be direct between stations NA1SS and 8J4I. The contact
should be audible to anyone in Japan and portions of East Asia. Interested
parties are invited to listen in on the 145.80 MHz downlink. The
participants are expected to conduct the conversation in English.

Itaki elementary school was founded in 1873 and has a long tradition. As the
school's rule is "Try hard and sincerity and honesty". At the present we try
to achieve a good balance of intellectual, moral and physical education. At
the present we have 338 students and 23 teachers. In the area of our school
is one of the most characteristic mountains of the region. There is a stream
close to the school and we are surrounded by a beautiful nature. All
students of contact are 11 years old and 5th grade.

Students at Itaki Elementary will ask as many of the following questions as
time allows:

1. What kind of activities can you do only in space and not on earth?
2. What happens when you suddenly open the door of the Space Station?
3. How do you drink water?
4. What kind of activities are much more difficult to do in space than on
earth?
5. In what position do you sleep at night?
6. What is your favorite space food?
7. Which do you like better?  Normal earth food or space food?
8. Why did you become an astronaut?
9. Can you use electricity on board?
10. Can you see the sun from the station?
11. How do you feel floating in Space Station?
12. Have you ever spilled water and tried to drink it?
13. What is the most beautiful star in space?
14. How many parsons can stay at the Space Station?
15. How many times have you been to space?
16. How did you feel on your first trip to space?
17. What does space mean to you?
18. What on earth can be seen from the station?
19. The earth is said to be blue. What kind of blue is it?
20. Have you ever seen a meteorite?
21. Do you sweat in space?
22. To what kind of music do you listen at the station?
23. Can you take animals to space?
24. Have you seen a black hole?
25. May it happen that a meteorite hits the Space Station?
26. Have you ever seen an alien?

Please note, the amateur equipment on the ISS is currently NOT
rebroadcasting packet to avoid interference with SuitSat audio. Please
refrain from transmissions on the SuitSat downlink.  Voice contacts with the
ISS are still possible using the standard voice uplink frequencies.
Information about the next scheduled ARISS contact can be found at
http://www.rac.ca/ariss/upcoming.htm#NextContact.

Next planned event(s):
SuitSat in orbit. Downlink on 145.99 MHz (Note: Extremely weak signals but
operating)
Itaki Elementary School Fathers' Club  (Oyajinokai), Japan, Mon 2006-02-20
11:48 UTC

 ARISS is an international educational outreach program partnering the
participating space agencies, NASA, Russian Space Agency, ESA, CNES, JAXA,
and CSA, with the AMSAT and IARU organizations from participating countries.

ARISS offers an opportunity for students to experience the excitement of
Amateur Radio by talking directly with crewmembers on-board the
International Space Station. Teachers, parents and communities see, first
hand, how Amateur Radio and crewmembers on ISS can energize youngsters'
interest in science, technology, and learning. Further information on the
ARISS program is available on the website http://www.rac.ca/ariss
(graciously hosted by the Radio Amateurs of Canada).

Thank you & 73,
Kenneth - N5VHO