  From: Tom Sherwood<mailto:toms@dragonbbs.com>
  To: SAREX@amsat.org<mailto:SAREX@amsat.org>
  Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 7:23 PM
  Subject: [sarex] Nitwit hams

  I didn't hear Suitsat yet, but I did hear some nitwit hams in Southwest
Ohio
  area talking on 145.99. I left a receiver on Saturday night to see what
would
  happen. I was rudely awakened 2:30 AM Sunday morning by a WA8 station
calling
  his buddy to see if they had heard it. Then all day Sunday there was sort of
  rountable of these stations talking about when it would pass by again and
etc.
  How stupid is that? I did not want to hear them so shut down monitoring for
  the sat. Chatting over a wide area on the weak signal freq. is about the
worst
  bonehead operating I could imagine. I think they were big sigs, as they
were
  coming in a handheld here from 40+ miles away. So they were probably heard
in
  space, too.

  Disgusted,

  Tom W8AAZ
  To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe sarex" to
Majordomo@amsat.org<mailto:Majordomo@amsat.org>