Re: The LID List Begins

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) wrote:
> On 2/5/06, Scott Avery WA6LIE <wa6lie@msn.com> wrote:
>
>>I guess the word is not out yet.
>>How can one send a packet, and continue to do so
>>when there is NO digipeater on the air?
>

> Two reasons:
> 1. It's an automatically controlled, unattended station.  Legal by the
> rules for packet, but very irresponsible in this situation.
> 2. They don't know the digi is off.  There is still no excuse because
> it is customary to listen before transmitting!  Even in packet
> operation.

--- snip ---

Hi A. J. Farmer,

Perhaps the digi has been on after all (unfortunately).

It would seem that those packet stations operating on the suitsat
frequency of 145.990 MHz were gated to ARISS.NET. The most recent
packets received by findu are only 5 hours old as I write. This traffic
does appear to have gone via RS0ISS-3, so the ISS digi may well be (or
have been) working (even though the plan was to turn it off).

This is, of course, highly undersirable.

I did not see any new stations appear on ARISS.NET during the 1900 UT
pass along the US West Coast, so perhaps it really is off now.

Sil - ZL2CIA