Re: The LID List Begins

On 2/5/06, Scott Avery WA6LIE <wa6lie@msn.com> wrote:
> I guess the word is not out yet.
> How can one send a packet, and continue to do so
> when there is NO digipeater on the air?

Two reasons:
1. It's an automatically controlled, unattended station.  Legal by the
rules for packet, but very irresponsible in this situation.
2. They don't know the digi is off.  There is still no excuse because
it is customary to listen before transmitting!  Even in packet
operation.

The worst part is it is confusing for some people because they hear
local packet uplink on 145.99 and think they are hearing SuitSat.  I
heard this from a few locals over the past few days that reported to
me that they heard SuitSat when it wasn't even overhead.  Some were
non-hams listening with scanners.  After questioning, I quickly
realized that they were hearing packet bursts.

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
SuitSat Audio Files Available at: http://www.aj3u.com