Re: SuitSat Status 4 Feb 2005

Sorry for the "Double" post but a flash just came to me....Why doesn't
AMSAT, as an influential partner in the quest for space communications, put
together a "REAL" cubesat, with a limited mission and let the guys on the
Station throw out a small "cubesat" instead of a whole spacesuit? Send it up
on the next shuttle (Of course I know that will take time)....it will fit in
a corner of the shuttle

For you Old-timers, think "SWATCH"... Google can help you there...lets build
one NOW and have it ready...look how simple the suitsat boxes were:

http://dk3wn.info/sat/afu/sat_suitsat.html

And it would be MUCH easier to "wrestle" out of the airlock...AND "Ground
tested!"

OK...my last idea...and this one I want "credit" for....attach a "package"
to the "Progress" replenishing vehicles, after the astronauts fill them full
of junk, have them flip a switch, the "satellite" activates and lasts till
"burn-up"...(same time range in space as Suitsat but less of a severe
environment.)

Cost = no more than suitsat

What do I need to do to present these items to influential people?

Roger
WA1KAT