Astronaut McArthur: about batteries and he tried to listen to the SUITSAT signal!

At 4 februari astronaut McArthur was voice active above USA and he talked
about SUITSAT.

Astronaut McArthur said:

Well you know where there is a will there is a way, so maybe folks we will
try again we've got more suits that need to be jettison, actualy it was
pretty well setup and it wasn't that difficult for us to execute.

Thats what we've heard as soon as we came in the
hatch yesterday a few minutes later I turned on the radio we should have
been pretty close and didn't hear anything!
You know my source was the houston chronical newspaper, this morning and thats
what I've read, although its the same battery we use in our space suits so I
would think
they would handle the temperature but its hard to say ofcourse or bodies
produceing heat and so maybe that keeps the batteries warm but the batteries
are actualy are in an external compartiment on the space suit.

PD0RKC comment:

We know from later reports (DF7IT, ZS6TW audio recordings!) that SUITSAT was
alive!!!
So its likely that suitsat was off for a period and became alive, so I hope
all keep monitoring
the SUITSAT signals (day and/or night times!).

Well we heard Bill McArthur saying that it is maybe worth to trie this event
again (enough suits).
So I hope the ARISS (AMSAT, NASA....) team will think about the next suit
challance!!

For so far I would thank all people who worked on this nice project!
I hope next time we all have more luck!

NA1SS audio file: http://pd0rkc.ontwikkel.nl

Tnx WA6LIE for the NA1SS audio file!

73's Cor PD0RKC