Fw: [ymca_9m2ymc] First YL from Malaysia contacted William McArthur on board the ISS

Forwarded from another list...

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Sion Chow Q. C. (9W2QC) <9w2qc@9w2qc.net>
To: ymca_9m2ymc@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:00:09 AM
Subject: [ymca_9m2ymc] First YL from Malaysia contacted William McArthur on board the ISS

Hello All,

William (Bill) McArthur, KC5ACR, has been very active operating ham radio
from the International Space Station (ISS) the previous weekend. On the 21st
and 22nd January 2006 (Saturday and Sunday), I managed to make another two
QSOs with Bill on board the ISS. With this, I had made a total of three QSOs
with Bill and five QSOs with the ISS crews.

What is more interesting is that, my mother, Kathleen (9W2MAH) also managed
to make a contact on the 22nd January 2006. Congratulations to my mother,
who has became the first YL from Malaysia to have worked Bill!!! Although
she was a bit nervous, I am still very proud that she managed to make the
contact.

For more information and recordings, please visit
http://www.9w2qc.net/issqso2/

Now, I am happy to say that the first station to work Bill, the first OM
station to work Bill and the first YL station to work Bill are 9 WHISKEY
stations respectively.  This shows that, 9 WHISKEY stations that did not
pass morse code testing too are capable of advanced out of the world
communications.  I hope to see a quick abolishment of the morse code testing
to obtain a full license so that 9 WHISKEY license holders are able to
explore the microwave bands above 1 GHz which are hardly utilized now.

Thank You.

73,
Sion Chow Q. C.,
9W2QC.