ADMINISTRATOR'S STATEMENT ON NASA'S DAY OF REMEMBRANCE

SUBMITTED BY ARTHUR N1ORC - AMSAT A/C#31468

Jan. 26, 2006

Dean Acosta/Doc Mirelson
Headquarters, Washington
(202) 358-1400/1600

TO VIEW THE AUDIO/VISUAL MESSAGE FROM EXP 12 GO TO URL BELOW

ADMINISTRATOR'S STATEMENT ON NASA'S DAY OF REMEMBRANCE

The following is a statement by NASA Administrator Michael Griffin on
NASA's Day of Remembrance. The Day or Remembrance honors those who
gave their lives for the cause of exploration and discovery. This
includes NASA employees, the astronauts who died in Apollo 1 and on
the Space Shuttles Challenger and Columbia.

"Today we pause to remember the loss of all of our employees,
including our Apollo 1, Challenger and Columbia astronauts, and to
honor their legacy. Nearly 50 years into the space age, spaceflight
remains the pinnacle of human challenge, an endeavor just barely
possible with today's technology. We at NASA are privileged to be in
the business of learning how to do it, to extend the frontier of the
possible, and, ultimately, to make space travel routine. It is an
enormously difficult enterprise. The losses we commemorate today are
a strong and poignant reminder of the sternness of the challenge."

For more information about NASA and agency programs on the Web, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/home

-end-

hqnews-subscribe@mediaservices.nasa.gov