MW0IDX worked the Space Station from his car!

Hello All,

At 15-01-2006 was the ISS UHF weekend.
I heard Bill replied to Roger (MW0IDX) which was operating
from his car (with a little mobile whip).

This what he wrote to me:

Hi Cor,

Many, many thanks for the (very clear!) audio with NA1SS, FANTASTIC!!
I've been trying to work him for a while now and especially this weekend.
Me and another ham climbed two mountains on Saturday (SOTA) to -
coincide with the ISS passes but we did not hear anything (5w & quadruple
quad).
And it was only when I was driving over to visit my parents that I pulled over
-
and had a listen.
This was my first satellite/ISS contact and have been interested in satellite
operation
since visiting Dayton last year and meeting Tony England who gave
a very inspiring talk at the AMSAT banquet.

Many thanks again!

Regards:
Roger MW0IDX K3IDX

You can see pictures (and download audio) from:
http://pd0rkc.ontwikkel.nl