RE: NA1SS active on UHF - 437.55 18:01 utc

HI Sarex and all.
Bill was on 437.55 during the 18:01 utc pass over
north america.
He came on late during the pass (4 min before los).
He said he was very busy but would "TRY" to be on the
next pass.

Doppler was a killer. Pre Programed FM channels did
work.
During a normal 10 minute pass, there will be two
antenna
polarity shifts.  These were very noticeable.  I had a
very deep
fade 3 min before LOS and then signals poped back up
just before LOS.  I am running a M2 42 element cp.
I did hear some local stations working him at LOS
using 100 watts into vertical base antennas.

wf1f
--- "RANSOM, KENNETH G. (JSC-OC) (BAR)"

(http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/01/13/5/?nc=1)

http://mail.yahoo.com