FUTURE SPACE EXPLORATION

SUBMITTED BY ARTHR N1ORC - AMSAT A/C #31468

Jan. 12, 2006

Dean Acosta/David Mould
Headquarters, Washington
(202) 358-1400/1898

RELEASE: 06-027

NASA ADMINISTRATOR MARKS VISION FOR SPACE EXPLORATION ANNIVERSARY

The following is a statement by NASA Administrator Michael Griffin on
the second anniversary of President Bush's announcement of the Vision
for Space Exploration, a plan to return to the moon, travel to Mars
and destinations beyond.

"Two years ago this week, President Bush committed our nation to the
Vision for Space Exploration. This Vision commits America to a
journey of discovery and exploration with new and exciting plans to
return astronauts to the moon. From there, to voyage to Mars and
beyond, while continuing to engage in groundbreaking space science
and pioneering advances in innovation, creativity and technology.
Together with the partnerships we have in the International Space
Station program, our nation has the tremendous opportunity and solemn
responsibility to lead the way toward the dawn of a new space age."

For information about NASA and agency programs on the Web, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/home

-end-

hqnews-subscribe@mediaservices.nasa.gov