ARISS Event Notice (FINAL) -- Kawachi, Japan Thursday 3 Nov. 2005

The next International Space Station Expedition 12 ARISS school contact will
be with students at the Kawachi Citizen's Committee for youths, Japan, on
Thursday, 3 November 2005. The event is scheduled to begin at approximately
07:44 UTC.

This contact will be direct between stations NA1SS and 8J4ISS, so it should
be audible to anyone in parts of Asia in the footprint inluding Japan
listening in on the 145.80 MHz downlink. The participants are expected to
conduct the conversation in English.

Proposed questions for Kawachi:

1.  How fast does the space station go?
2.  Have you ever done any work outside the satellite?
3.  How long are you going to stay in the satellite?
4.  What does it feel like to float in space?
5.  I wonder, how do you wash your underwear?
6.  Please tell me what was the hardest part of training to become an
astronaut?
7.  Can you see the Tokyo Tower?
8.  Have you ever had to fix a malfunction in your space station?
9. Can you see the Great Wall of China from the space station?
10. Why did you become an astronaut?
11. When did you reach the satellite?
12. Is it hot in the space station?
13. Can you speak to your family from the space station?
14. Please tell me how does the moon look, is it big and round?
15. Have you ever experienced motion sickness in the satellite?
16. Please tell me your most favorite lunch in the cabin?
17. Please tell me how do you like the satellite movement?
18. How do you figure out the difference between morning noon and night?
19. Please tell me the present course of your satellite?
20. How long did you train to become an astronaut?
21. How does an astronaut sleep in the cabin?   Do you have a special bed?
22. What is the most dangerous thing in the space station?
23. Do you take baths in the space station?

Please note, the amateur equipment on the ISS will be turned off prior to
the beginning of the contact. It will be returned to service as quickly as
possible.

Upcoming ARISS events  can be found at
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ariss/news/arissnews.txt   The next scheduled
events are with students at:
Istituto Comprensivo F. Negri Casale Monferrato, Italy Wed  2005-11-09 10:28
Furtherwick Park School, Canvey Island, UK 2005-11-09  17:45 UTC

ARISS is an international educational outreach program partnering the
participating space agencies, NASA, Russian Space Agency, ESA, CNES, JAXA,
and CSA, with the AMSAT and IARU organizations from participating countries.
ARISS offers an opportunity for students to experience the excitement of
Amateur Radio by talking directly with crewmembers on-board the
International Space Station. Teachers, parents and communities see, first
hand, how Amateur Radio and crewmembers on ISS can energize youngsters'
interest in science, technology, and learning.
Further information on the ARISS programme is available on the website
http://www.rac.ca/ariss (graciously hosted by the Radio Amateurs of Canada).
Information about the next scheduled ARISS contact can be found at
http://www.rac.ca/ariss/upcoming.htm#NextContact.

Thank you & 73,
Kenneth G. Ransom - N5VHO