ARISS Event Notice -- Kawachi, Japan THursday 3 Nov. 2005

The next International Space Station Expedition 12 ARISS school contact
will be with students at the Kawachi Citizenís Committee for youths,
Japan, on Thursday, 3 November 2005. The event is scheduled to begin at
approximately 07:44 UTC.

This contact will be direct between stations NA1SS and 8J4ISS, so it
should be audible to anyone in parts of Asia in the footprint inluding
Japan listening in on the 145.80 MHz downlink. The participants are
expected to conduct the conversation in English.

Proposed questions for Kawachi:

1.  How fast does the space station go?
2.  Have you ever farted in the cabin?
3.  Have you ever done any work outside the satellite?
4.  How long are you going to stay in the satellite?
5.  What does it feel like to float in space?
6.  I wonder, how do you wash your underwear?
7.  Please tell me what was the hardest part of training to become an
astronaut?
8.  Can you see the Tokyo Tower?
9.  Have you ever had to fix a malfunction in your space station?
10. Can you see the Great Wall of China from the space station?
11. Why did you become an astronaut?
12. When did you reach the satellite?
13. Is it hot in the space station?
14. Can you speak to your family from the space station?
15. Please tell me how does the moon look,is it big and round?
16. Have you ever experienced motion sickness in the satellite?
17. Please tell me your most favorite lunch in the cabin?
18. Please tell me how do you like the satellite movement?
19. How do you figure out the difference between morning noon and
night?
20. Please tell me the present course of your satellite?
21. How long did you train to become an astronaut?
22. How does an astronaut sleep in the cabin? Do you have a special
bed?
23. What is the most dangerous thing in the space station?
24. Do you take baths in the space station?

Please note, the amateur equipment on the ISS will be turned off prior
to the beginning of the contact. It will be returned to service as
quickly as possible.

Upcoming ARISS events  can be found at
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ariss/news/arissnews.txt   The next
scheduled event is with students at Sanderson High School, Sanderson,
Texas on 22 September 2005 at 16:08 UTC.

ARISS is an international educational outreach program partnering the
participating space agencies, NASA, Russian Space Agency, ESA, CNES,
JAXA, and CSA, with the AMSAT and IARU organizations from participating
countries. ARISS offers an opportunity for students to experience the
excitement of Amateur Radio by talking directly with crewmembers
on-board the International Space Station. Teachers, parents and
communities see, first hand, how Amateur Radio and crewmembers on ISS
can energize youngsters' interest in science, technology, and learning.
Further information on the ARISS programme is available on the website
http://www.rac.ca/ariss (graciously hosted by the Radio Amateurs of
Canada). Information about the next scheduled ARISS contact can be
found at http://www.rac.ca/ariss/upcoming.htm#NextContact.

Thank you & 73,
Scott H. Stevens / N3ASA
ARISS Team Member